Hi, my name is Ron Kreutzer.
I founded RK Tech Works after I sold my previous Internet services business in late 2014. I started that business (WineWeb.com) in 1995 initially as a hobby to help people find out about wineries from around the world. We built one of the first database-enabled websites and created an e-commerce system before that term was coined. Over 20 years, the last 10 years full-time, I built WineWeb into a business delivering Internet services to over 300 wineries, while maintaining a database of information on over 40,000 wineries and 250,000 wines.
During that time, I performed most of the roles needed to run a small business, including accountant, technology analyst, computer programmer, business manager, CEO, trade show exhibitor, marketer and salesperson.
Some of those roles were easier than others, based on my education and previous careers.
My career began as a mainframe programmer while attending college. Upon graduating from Fort Hays State University in Kansas with dual degrees in Accounting and Data Processing, and becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), I joined Phillips Petroleum Co. as a computer programmer/analyst. Later, I joined Deloitte & Touche as a management consultant in the information technology practice and spent over nine years working up the ranks to the level of Senior Manager (one step below Partner). Working on projects that covered the entire software systems development lifecycle, across varying technologies and in numerous industries, taught me how to apply business strategies and information technologies to a variety of companies and situations. After deciding to get married, raise a family and settle in Santa Fe, New Mexico, my next challenge brought me to Syntel, a global IT services firm. Spending over nine years with Syntel taught me how to effectively leverage a global workforce to provide technology services.
The WineWeb was envisioned by me as I traveled among companies as a management consultant. I saw an opportunity to leverage my expertise in information technology into an Internet service that would be appealing to wine enthusiasts and the wine industry. The WineWeb provided cost-effective services for wineries to have an integrated website, e-commerce, point-of-sale, wine club, email campaign and customer relationship management software system.
After selling that business and helping some local start-up companies with technology and strategy, I was looking for a way to give back and to find a way to use technology for the global good. I researched blockchain and digital identity concepts, and I was excited what these technologies could do for the world. About that time, I found the Pillar Project and saw how their ethos lined up with my world views. I volunteered to help the project get funding, then I decided to join the team in London to help implement this dream. I'm currently focused on the digital identity aspects of the company.
I understand business and I know how to effectively leverage technology to solve business issues.
Quick Resume: Ron Kreutzer
- Phillips Petroleum Co., Bartlesville, OK. Computer programmer/analyst. 1982-1984.
- Watson & Kallenberger, CPA, Tulsa, OK. Computer programmer/manager. 1984-1985.
- Deloitte & Touche, Kansas City, MO. Information technology management consultant, advancing to rank of Senior Manager. 1985-1995.
- Syntel, Inc., Troy, MI. Senior development manager for information technology outsourcing. 1995-2005.
- WineWeb Enterprises, Inc., Santa Fe, NM. President and Founder. 1995-2014.
- Pillar Project, London. Software architect. 2017-present.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Inactive)
- Certified Computing Professional (CCP) (Inactive)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Inactive)
- BS - Accounting, Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS. 1982
- BS - Data Processing, Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS. 1982