ID Pocket: Version 1.7
What's new in version 1.7
July 9, 2022 -- Ron Kreutzer
We continue to expand and enhance the ID Pocket app. Version 1.7 was just released. Here is what's new:
- The Connections flow now uses DIDComm v2 when sending messages between agents/wallets. This is the current standard for message communication. Although we know of some services that use DIDComm V1, we have chosen NOT to also support that version, and instead wait for them to catch up.
- Message retrieval process (Check Messages) is now more robust and secure. Your app must prove that you control an identifier before the message is sent from our server to you. Even though the messages are encrypted and only readable by your app, we chose to make this process even more robust. We relied on Hyperledger Aries RFCS 0685: Pickup Protocol 2.0 for the design concept. This is a two-part process. Your app sends a list of DIDs to check for messages. Our server then sends back a list of those DIDs that have messages waiting to be retrieved. Your app then sends a list of signed JWTs to our server, one for each DID to retrieve. Our server verifies the signatures, then sends the messages to your app. Note that our servers never send push notifications to your app, you must initiate a pull of messages. This privacy-preserving technique is used so that our server does not know which message corresponds to which user.
- Major activities are now logged internally. These can be viewed in the "Activity history" menu option. This was done to conform to the European Union's forthcoming standards on digital identity wallets. This activity history is NEVER sent off your device, and it can be deleted by you at any time.
- The primary persona display name is now used for connection invitations. When you initiate a connection invitation (Connections: "+" button), the invitation contains the name you'd like to be known as to your future connection. If you need to use a different persona for an invitation, just make it the primary persona. The name used to be set in the Settings page, and that data field has been removed from there.
- Numerous user interface/experience tweaks were done as we continue to find better ways of doing things and as we add more features.
Back to blog home