ID Pocket: Version 1.8
What's new in version 1.8
September 15, 2022 -- Ron Kreutzer
We continue to expand and enhance the ID Pocket app. Version 1.8 was just released. Here is what's new:
- We now support WalletConnect V2, while still retaining support for V1. This allows you to use ID Pocket to scan a QR Code to sign-in to websites or dApps that use either version of WalletConnect. As a privacy-preserving alternative to Facebook, Google, etc. login, you can now use Sign-in With Ethereum (SIWE) and WalletConnect login. The system creates a new identifier for each connection to further increase your privacy from any vendor collusion.
- We replaced the document scanner for adding new credentials with a newer version that fully supports the latest devices.
- When displaying the details of a connection, if the identifier is a did:ethr type, then the Ethereum address is also displayed.
- On Android devices, the status bar and system UI controls are hidden to provide full screen experience. Merely swipe from the top or bottom to display them at any time.
- All underlying frameworks, utilities and components were upgraded to the current version.
Back to blog home